CANDLE MELTING SAFETY
Wooden Wick Burning Tips
Product Disclaimer: "Pat. www.lumetuque.com/patents"
WOODEN WICK CANDLE BURNING TIPS
- Make sure your wick is trimmed to 3/16”-1/4” before lighting. If the wick is too long, the wax will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish.
- Like a traditional cotton wicks, wood wicks do require a little attention before each burn. Be sure to gently snap off the ash or top of the burned section along the top edge and then light as usual.
- If when burning the candle for long period of time you notice your flame getting too low, it may be necessary to extinguish the flame and when cool tap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will return to its proper height.
- Be careful to not let any debris from the wick (or anything else!) fall into the candle.
- Allow the candle to get a full melt pool (all the way to the edges of the container) each time you burn the candle (typically 1-2 hours) this is especially important during the first time you burn it. This prevent the candle from tunneling and ensures the candle burns evenly and you get the most from your candle.
- Do not burn any candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Follow all candle safety guidelines.
WHY DOES MY WICK GO OUT?
- Sometimes it just needs a re-light to allow the wax to start flowing up the wick
- The wick is too far above the surface of the wax. This is counterintuitive, as we think the longer wick will make a bigger flame, but it will not. The longer the wick the harder it is for the wax to flow up the wick. Make sure the wick is trimmed to the proper height and light as normal.
- There is too much ash or burnt section. Gently snap off the excess as described above.
- Insufficient melt pool forming at the base of the wick. Carefully make a melt pool at the base of the wick while lighting the candle.
General Candle Care and Safety Instructions
To ensure you get the most enjoyment out of your candles, it is important to follow standard candle safety and care guidelines. Wilted Cauldron Candle Co. is not responsible for misuse. Each candle includes safety instructions on the bottom label.
Tips for Burning Wooden Wicked Candles:
- As with any handcrafted product, variances in color and texture of wax and wicks make occur.
- Wooden wicks burn differently than cotton—treat it like a burning fire.
- Hold candle at an angle when lighting; contact wick with flame for at least 5-10 seconds. This is super helpful if you are having issues with the wick catching fire.
- Bic wand lighters or rechargeable arc USB lighters are more ideal than strike matches.
- Upon first lighting, allow wax melt pool to reach edge of glass before extinguishing to prevent wax tunneling. This may take at least 2-3 hours.
- Before each use, trim excess burnt wood on wick to 1/8-1/4”. This is very important! If not properly trimmed, the wick may not light, or flame may be too high.
- If you notice the flame height getting too low after burning for an extended amount of time, it may be necessary to snap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
General Candle Safety:
- Burn within sight on a level, heat resistant surface away from drafts, children, pets and flammable objects.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not touch hot glass on a burning or cooling candle.
- Keep wax pool free of debris and wood wick trimmings.
- Always burn candles in a well ventilated room.
- Never burn a candle for more than 4 hrs.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- If smoking occurs, extinguish candle, trim wick and relight.
- Handle glass jar with care. If the jar is broken, chipped or cracked, discontinue use.
- Discontinue burning once 1/2" of wax remains. Burning beyond this point can present a fire hazard.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of soy wax, it is normal to see some adhesion changes within the glass over time. This does not affect the ability of the wax to burn or mean the candle is defective.
All product and packaging materials are meant to be reused or recycled. If you choose to reuse the glass, please do so with caution. Wait for wax to cool and re-solidify after last burn (when you have about 1/2" left). Using a spoon or butter knife, gently lift and scoop the wax (soy is soft and easy to remove) from the bottom of the glass while standing over a trash can. Metal wick tabs may be dislodged by lifting with a utensil as well. Wash remaining wax residue with hot, soapy water, and/or through your dishwasher.
Wax Melts Warmer Instructions
Warning: FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN A FIRE HAZARD. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE. SAVE THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS.
Failure to follow instructions could result in a fire hazard. Use only with Wax Melts. Not intended for use with fragranced warming oil or potpourri refresher oil.
WARNING: When using electric products, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using the product.
Do not immerse in water.
To reduce risk of injury, close supervision is necessary when used near children.
Directions for Use:
- Place unit on a level and heat resistant surface away from other heat sources and flammable objects. Do not use warmer if chipped or cracked.
- Place one of our MELTCUPS into warmer.
- Allow the heat to melt the wax and fragrance will release into the room. Unit will not become hot while in use! Burn time is roughley about 2 to 4 hours.
- If no wax remains in the cup, unplug the electric tart warmer now you can refilling it with a Jumbo Refill Melt.
DO NOT USE METAL OBJECTS TO CLEAN OUT WAX, THIS MAY DAMAGE YOUR MELT CUP. DO NOT PUT TART WARMER IN FREEZER.DO NOT USE CUP ONCE THE BOTTON HAS BROWNED OR DAMAGED. MAY CAUSE FIRE IF OVER USED!
Standard Wax Melting Instructions
Warning: To prevent fire or injury: Remove packaging before use. Use only in tea-light warmers or UL listed electric warmers approved for wax melts. Read and follow all instructions provided with your warmer before use. Do NOT leave melter unattended while in use. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Instructions: Do NOT add water. Do NOT melt on stovetop or in non-approved appliances. Use only in well ventilated areas away from flammable objects. Discontinue use if dish contains less than 1/2" of wax.